Fenway and Hattie is written by Victoria J. Coe. It is equivalent to a 3.6 reading level, but can be used for lower grades as well with the teacher's assistance. This would be a great novel unit for the whole class or for a reading group.
The full unit includes 129 pages.The pre-made novel study can be made into a booklet for students or can be used separately as you work through the text.The content included aligns with the novel and focuses on story elements, character traits, point of view, and much more. There are graphic organizers that can be use throughout the text and graphic organizers that correspond with each chapter. Included in this unit:
- graphic organizers for each chapter
- a notebook cover (to create a novel study notebook)
- bubble maps
- character trait graphic organizers
- point of view graphic organizers
- personal connection graphic organizers
- story maps
- cause and effect graphic organizers
- character charades
- inferencing graphic organizers
- summary graphic organizers
Also included are addition activities:
- character poetry
- dream pet graphic organizer
- interactive journal story maps
- writing prompts
- End of the Unit SCOOT game/assessment
- AND SO MUCH MORE!!
I'm using this with my class and love creating, so any new items will be added for free in updates!
If you're looking for choice boards to give your students more variety as you work through Fenway & Hattie, link here:
Fenway & Hattie Choice Boards