Now a complete unit including quizzes and Common Core tests! This is a fantastic way to cover all of the key points for Feudal Japan and the Japanese Shogun military society. You can pick and choose from tons of notes formats, worksheets and activities.
CONTENT– The content in the bundle is organized with the key "big idea" Common Core concepts for Social Studies in mind. The concepts covered are economy, leadership, social classes, geography, religion and achievements.
A foundation of key “big idea” concepts will guide students and class instruction with a platform to think critically, and make comparisons as young social scientists.
This Feudal Japan bundle is divided into IV parts:
I. FEUDAL JAPAN GEOGRAPHY, VOCABULARY, NOTES, POWERPOINTS, GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS and CONTENT INSTRUCTION-
The content instructional materials are both student centered and teacher driven depending on teacher preference:
1. Geography of Japan lesson set
. with seven activities to choose from to introduce the geography of Japan.
2. Historical Snapshot of Japan Close Reading Investigation and Annotation Activity
with seven activities to choose from to introduce the geography of Japan.
3. Vocabulary of Japan Lesson Set
with a vocabulary assignment, two review games and a content and academic vocabulary quiz (both in PDF and Word)
4. Printable one pager notes and fill in the blank graphic organizer for the Heian Period
5. Printable one pager notes and fill in the blank graphic organizer for Feudal Japan Society Japanese Feudalism
6. Japanese Feudalism Power point
7. Heian Period Power point with interview activity
8. China Influences Japan Power Point and Graphic Organizer
9. Just added! Feudal Japan Investigation- A great content introduction and summative lesson!
10. Daily Skill-Based Text Analysis Warm-Ups and Mini-Lessons
– Student make inferences and predictions from text, choose the best evidence to support a claim, cite sources, paraphrase and learn to write strong commentary in these daily skill-based mini-lessons and practice slides.
II. FEUDAL JAPAN COMMON CORE READINGS, ACTIVITIES, WORKSHEETS and GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS:
1. Text Prince Shotoku or Japanese feudal figure Activity
. Two versions included for versatility.
2.A Samurai Training Common Core Literacy Reading and Annotation Activity
. Two activity choices included.
3.Create a Giant Samurai with Examples FUN Activity
4.Tour of Japan through pictures activity
5.Samurai Selfie Instagram Post Printable Activity
6.Japan Geography Overview Power point
7.Tale of Genji Common Core Primary Source Document Analysis Printable
8. Samurai Want Ad Printable Activity
9. Heian Court Noble I PAD APP Assignment
10. A fun and Common Core Feudal Japan Stop Motion Project with teacher directions, pre-write templates, examples and rubrics!
11. Just added! Feudal Japan Stations
12. A Prince Shotoku Selfie Lesson!
III. FEUDAL JAPAN REVIEW and GAMES:
1. A fun PowerPoint driven key point review game (exclusive to this bundle)
2. Big Idea Concept Map for Feudal Japan with Storyboard Review Activity
3. A fun geography review game that has students guess the feature based on clues.
4. Key Vocabulary FUN class review game!
IV. FEUDAL JAPAN TESTS and ASSESSMENTS:
1. Feudal Japan Common Core Test and Content/Academic Vocabulary Quiz
in both PDF and Word. Easy to modify!
2. Common Core Content and Academic Vocabulary Quiz
♥ This bundle has a ton of choices that are current and engaging!
♥♥♥SAVE BIG! Buy the entire year of Medieval History Lesson Plans in a discounted MEDIEVAL HISTORY MEGA BUNDLE
⇒ Be sure to FOLLOW us on:
TPT to receive notifications of new products, sales, and notes to followers. Just click the “follow me” button.
for creative classroom ideas, lessons, and more.
for laughs and to see products at use in the classroom.
for interesting articles, posts, & tips!
for random acts of teaching @instructomania
Check out our website & blog
©Instructomania, Inc. All rights reserved by Tony and Erika Pavlovich. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Additional teachers must purchase their own license. If you are a teacher, principal or district interested in purchasing several licenses, TPT now offers multiple license options.
About Instructomania with Mr. & Mrs. P:
World History includes both Ancient and Medieval history lesson plans and complete unit packets. In the Ancient history and Medieval history curriculum you will find lesson plans and activities that support inquiry-based learning through evidence-driven literacy and writing that aligns with Common Core. Our student-centered Social Science lessons teach students to analyze social studies content by using the key the concepts of geography, economy, achievements, religion, social classes and government. Students use academic vocabulary, in highly engaging, fun history investigations, interactive Google ready content, visually rich graphic organizer resources and thematic assignments.
US History includes content rich, primary source-driven United States history lessons and activities. Students use critical thinking, in our skill-based lessons that have student analyze historical documents, charts and primary resources. Our U.S. History units are also key concept based. Students analyze the growth and challenges faced by the United States through the use of the key concepts of federalism, republicanism government, diversity, territorial expansion, rights and liberties, labor systems and economy. A common theme throughout our lessons is that students support claims with evidence from secondary and primary source text.
Science lessons can be used in the middle and high school classrooms. Our science lessons are student centered and include lab activities, classroom activities, research projects. All of these science lessons are created to encourage student engagement support the Common Core and NGSS standards.
Instructomania, Pavlovich, 7th grade history, middle school history feudal Japan unit plan, medieval japan unit plan, medieval japan unit of work