This reading strategy resource is designed to get students thinking about the thematic connections in the novel before reading. It makes it easier to engage in literary analysis discussions and writing throughout the novel.
- Anticipation guide: Including 10 strong statements and space to support your thinking.
- C.A.F.E. poster/handout - This is a strategy to support your thinking and can also be enlarged for an anchor chart.
- Detailed differentiated directions - Directions include how to scaffold up and down to meet the differentiated needs of your students. It also includes a suggestion for how to grade it.
You might also be interested in a more detailed resource for how authors support their thinking.
- Find more literacy ideas at .
- Follow on mrspricewrites on , , , and .
I appreciate all TPT followers - follow me here!