Fiction Element Lessons with 120 Themed Writing Prompts: Grades 6 - 8 - 10 - 12
Fiction Element Lessons with 120 Themed Writing Prompts: Grades 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, is a great TWO-PART Writing Improvement Unit that is ideal for student Workshops, story collections, or collaborations.
FIRST, In PART ONE, students first learn and write along with SIX engaging FICTION ELEMENT LESSONS. These engage students in character, setting and mood, and Point of view/narrators.
SECOND, in PART TWO, students APPLY their newly-honed skills in a series of 32 themed picture prompts that EACH have 3-5 writing suggestions. This means your students have over ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY writing opportunities, AND opportunities for collaboration, team writing, and best of all writing collections, PLUS WORKSHOPS, and true writing improvement! This is a hard-working unit we hope you will enjoy.
We Encourage You to Visit Our Preview!
What We LOVE:
• Common Core Aligned, and suitable for Grades 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12
• Provides Opportunities for students to learn or refresh knowledge of four types of Fiction Elements and actively APPLY this knowledge.
• MOVES forward with 32 THEMED Writing Picture Prompts – the THEME is “In These Shoes”
• Created for collaboration, collections, or extension activities like the workshop with the included, HANDY extras you’ll learn about below…
• Encourages applications of skills learned in the LESSON portion of the RESOURCE
• A MAXIMUM of SEVEN MONTHS of USE!!!
What You Receive:
• Implementation Suggestions, CCSs, Value and Use Statement
• Extra For Students: General Guide to Writing Better and the Student Guide on How to Workshop
• Character Lesson – a Run-Around Ice Breaker with Key
• Character Lesson – Character Sketch Data Activity
• Setting and Mood, Examples and Overview
• The “specific Setting” Writing Activity
• Using Setting to Successfully Convey Mood
• Point of View and Narrators – Two Overviews
• POV Show what you Know! With Key
• Narrator Types, Show what you know! With Key
• PART TWO – 32 THEMED PICTURE WRITING PROMPTS, EACH WITH 3-5 SUGGESTIONS
• PLUS – “My Writing Tracker” for students to keep track of which writing they do
• PLUS – “Collection Organizer” for students in classes that are moving on to scene or story collections.
Thank you so much for ALL that YOU do every day. We wouldn’t be here without you!
If you need other Writing Improvement Products
, a product that will help your students analyze their writing and the work of their peers
or one that will help them improve in the Workshop Process
, please consider these helpful additions, also from Gina at the PerfettoWritingRoom:
Creative Writing Prompts to Improve Setting, POV & Character with CCSs Gr. 6-12
. A related, themed series you and your students might really enjoy.
Peer Edit and Workshop: Critical Thinking and Analysis Lessons with SAMPLES
. Let students see EXACTLY what a developing and strong critique looks like and let them practice with an essay sample!
Complete Writer’s Workshop Grades 6-8 -10 – 12. An 8-Day Common Core Unit
. Prepare your students for essay, research, or fiction writing discussions, editing – in short, the WORKSHOP PROCESS – with this 8-day lesson that provides practice, proper technique, the “formula” for a correct format and critique, and much more. When finished, your students will be ready to work for the rest of the year.
All Other Items!
Customer Tips:Get TPT credit to use on ANY of Your future purchases!!
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star
near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower
. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store. ☺
Would you like to SELL on TPT?
• If you feel you have something to share with other teachers. . .
• Sign on to be a Teachers Pay Teachers seller.
• Click on to my referral link. I enjoy helping others learn the ropes.
• You can begin here: Sign Me up to TPT with PerfettoWritingRoom as a Coach!