Also included in
- This HUGE BUNDLE includes everything you need to teach, practice and assess writing for the entire year! Students will complete four major units of study: personal narrative, informational reports, opinion essays and fiction narratives. The best part of this unit is that it includes EVERYTHING you n$64.00$80.00Save $16.00
This unit includes everything you need to teach, practice and assess fiction narrative writing for eight full weeks. Students will be learning all of the skills necessary to write a fiction story with dialogue, paragraphs, transitions, strong characters with a problem and a solution! This unit is super fun at the end of the year or after testing!
The best part of this unit is that it includes EVERYTHING you need. You do not need to purchase a long list of books. All of the necessary mentor texts are included!
This unit was written with second grade in mind.
Included in this Unit:
• detailed teacher directions and suggestions for simple implementation
• 7 exclusive videos to help implement and organize the unit
• unit at a glance calendar
• 40 days of lesson plans that include guiding questions, materials, mini lessons, student work tasks, student share tasks, intervention and several extension activities
• 14 original mentor text passages
• 24 fiction narrative task cards (identifying whether a topic is a fiction narrative)
• 24 writing prompt task cards
• 12 teacher anchor charts (blank and filled in versions)
• student anchor charts and printables for writing notebooks
• conference and goal tracking forms
• writing grades tracking forms
• list of 10 additional mentor text books (optional)
• 6 different writing publishing papers
• student writing notebook cover and dividers
• teacher notebook covers and binder spines
• multiple ideas for author share celebrations
NEW!!! Digital Writing Notebook with student anchor charts on Google Slides
• Setting goals
• What is a fiction narrative?
• Developing Characters
• Developing Setting (Show- Don’t Tell)
• Problem & Solution
• Author Point of View
• Writing a lead
• Creating Suspense
• Adding and Punctuating Dialogue
• Word Choice (Strong Verbs)
• Writing an ending
A Typical Day of Writing:
Mini Lesson: The unit includes 40 lesson plans with a suggested mini lesson. Many of the lessons include the use of mentor text (passages that are included in the unit) and anchor charts. Teacher versions of the anchor charts are included in the unit so that the teacher can project them and fill them out with the class or print them and display in the classroom. Small black-and-white versions are included for the students to fill out and keep in their writing notebooks as a reference.
Work Time: Students will be applying the skill from the mini lesson into their writing each day. At the end of the unit, they will have completed two full masterpieces and many other independent writings.
Share Time: Lesson plans include a specific task for students each day that allows them to share some piece of their writing with a partner or with the class.
Please take a look at the preview to learn more and see examples of components included in the unit.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Available in this money saving bundle:
More Second Grade Writing Units: