The Fiction Reading Passport is designed to engage students in reading across the genres in the fiction section of the library. Many of my students have one or two genres they love and are reluctant to try new genres. Hopefully they will develop an interest in new genres through this fun activity that can be utilized all year long!
This passport includes a page for the following genres including a definition of the genre and a picture clue with space to record 2 books in each genre. Additional pages are listed below.
• historical fiction
• tall tales
• fairy tales
• realistic fiction
• science fiction
• graphic novels
• verse novel
• Front Cover- one version in color and one in black and white
• Two student information page options: one with a thumbprint box, the other
with a self-portrait box
• A student direction page
• A favorite book page to be completed at the end
• 2 reading wish list pages for recommendations from friends and teachers
• A place for students to record books for future reading
• A reflection page for the end of the year
• An inspiring reading quote
If you love the concept of this passport, I'd love for you to check out my Nonfiction Reading Passport
. It takes students on a journey through each major section of Dewey.
If your students need more work in Dewey, I'd love for you to check out my other materials to support learning in this area.
★ Dewey Decimal Bundle January-May
★ Dewey Decimal Back to School
Are you looking for a comprehensive Library Planner
? With more than 200 pages, you will find everything you need to stay organized from Day 1!
Last but not least, here's a link to my best selling back to school library orientation. It will introduce the areas of the library and your procedures all in one lesson so that you can hit the ground running!
★ Library Orientation: Froggy Goes to the Library
Thank you for shopping in my store!