Hold your students accountable for the reading that they do each night at home. My students are required to read for 30 minutes each night. In order to insure that they are doing some type of reading, I have them answer a reading response question. In the past, I assigned them which question they had to answer each night. I wanted to incorporate more choice within my assignments so I created this product.
Students will have 25 response choices they can choose from each night. They can answer these questions in a reading notebook, homework notebook, or homework packet each night. I have my students label the number they chose on top of their homework sheets so I know what they are answering. Some of my students cross off or color in the response that they already did so they do not repeat within the same month.
*Response questions are repetitive throughout the months.
Some Fiction Reading Response sheets include:
- If I were the main character, I wouldn’t…
- What was your favorite part of the book so far?
- What was your least favorite part of the book so far?
- How did the author keep you engaged?
- What questions would you ask the author of this book? Why?
- What is the theme of this story?
- Describe the main character using character traits with text evidence.
- What was your favorite quote from the book? Why is that your favorite?