• Answer questions in packet and participate in discussion as we are reading in class.
• Make predictions about the text using foreshadowing and the author’s style as clues and discuss predictions during class.
• Complete a labeled plot diagram, which plots the events of the story.
• Identify literary elements within the text.
• Identify characters and associate with actions.
• Analyze vocabulary, the connotations, and purpose of word choice.
• Create a study guide by identifying important information in cooperative learning groups.
o Pass a test that covers author/background information, characters, plot elements, and literary terms.
o Complete an internet based research quest to see how the author’s background and historical context affected his writing.
o Compare the movie and book versions.