This fiction writing resource folder is exactly what our young writers need to be successful story writers. They will love the interactive story elements flip book which includes pictures and examples of each element. The adjectives are in alphabetical order to allow for ease of finding words. This resource also includes beginning, middle, and end transition words and phrases that are common. Last, a SOMEBODY WANTED BUT SO THEN summary retell chart is included. This resource is a tool that helps during writing. It also helps students realize how writing and reading are linked.
Ways to use this resource:
1. Make one for each student by printing the proper cover page
2. Make one for each table or group by printing the proper cover page
3. Make one for your writing station
4. Use during instruction and model how to use it
5. Scaffold your writing instruction throughout the year by only gluing on the parts that you'd like to teach at the time. For example: at the beginning of the year, it may not be necessary to include transitions words or adjectives yet. You could save those pages for later so it'll be fresh and new for the students when you're pushing for them to start using those elements more in their writing.