Everything you need to implement both fiction and nonfiction literature circles in grades 3-5 is right here, from preparation at the beginning to extension activities at the end! Literature circles are a wonderful way to get our students excited and talking about books, all while engaging in critical thinking and reflection as they read, respond to, and discuss books of their choice! This activity takes independent reading and comprehension to another level, incorporating the Common Core Standards of listening and speaking in small groups. Whether you are new to literature circles or experienced but in need of some new, fresh pages, this product is for you!
This Product Includes:
- Literature Circle Overview
- Instruction for How to Prepare: Behind the Scenes Preparation, Book Selection, Grouping, Scheduling
- Practicing Literature Circles (5-Day Lesson Plan)
- How to Implement Literature Circles
- Folder Cover
- Schedule Template
- Discussion Icons for Class Chart
- Fiction Job Descriptions in Color (Word Wizard, Creative Connector, Discussion Director, Stupendous Summarizer, Literary Luminary, Inspiring Illustrator)
- Fiction Job Descriptions in Black & White
- Fiction Job Sheets (including back sides with a self-evaluation and a teacher evaluation)
- 3 Fiction Extension Activities/Evaluations
- Nonfiction Job Descriptions in Color (same jobs as fiction but sheets are different)
- Nonfiction Job Descriptions in Black & White
- Nonfiction Job Sheets (including back sides with a self-evaluation and a teacher evaluation)
- 3 Nonfiction Extension Activities/Evaluations
- Other Discussion Prep Options
If you have questions or ideas for how I can improve my products, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you like this product, please leave positive feedback in order to receive credit toward future purchases! Also consider following me on TpT!
Looking for Literature Circles for K-2? Click here!
Also check out these other resources:
Vocabulary Interactive Notebook for Any Words: 16 Activities for Grades 2-5
Alliteration Pyramid Poem: Lesson Plans and Printables for Teaching Alliteration
Monster Simile Poem: Lesson Plans and Printables for Teaching Similes and a Poem
Reading Comprehension Strategies and Skills Posters and Cards
Thank you and happy teaching!
© Erin Guge – All Rights Reserved
- You may not create anything to sell or share based on this product.
- This product is for one teacher use only. If others like the product, please send them to my TpT store.