Everything you need to implement both fiction and nonfiction literature circles in grades K-2 is right here, from preparation at the beginning to extension activities at the end! This product contains four levels of job sheets so that even pre-readers and writers can participate! Literature circles are a wonderful way to get our students excited and talking about books, all while engaging in critical thinking and reflection as they read (or are read to), respond to, and discuss books of their choice! This activity takes independent reading and comprehension to another level, incorporating the Common Core Standards of listening and speaking in small groups. Whether you are new to literature circles or experienced but in need of some new, fresh pages, this product is for you!
This product includes:
- Literature Circle Overview
- Instructions for How to Prepare: Behind the Scenes Preparation, Book Selection, Grouping
- How to Practice Literature Circles with Students
- Implementing Literature Circles
- Variations and Tips
- Printable Pages:
- Folder Cover
- Grouping Template
- Discussion Icons for Class Chart
- Job Assignment Cards/Necklaces
- Sample Parent Letter
- Level 1 Job Sheets: My Favorite Part, I Want to Share, I Liked/I Did Not Like, It Made Me Feel (half-sheet, drawing only)
- Level 2 Job Sheets: Word Wizard, Creative Connector, Stupendous Summarizer, Discussion Director, Inspiring Illustrator (half-sheet, mostly drawing/labeling)
- Level 3 Job Sheets: same jobs as Level 2 (full-sheet, drawing and writing)
- Level 4 Job Sheets: same jobs as Level 2 (full-sheet, mostly writing)
- Other Discussion Prep Options
- 3 Different Extension Activities
If you have questions or ideas for how I can improve my products, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you like this product, please leave positive feedback in order to receive credit toward future purchases! Also consider following me on TpT!
Looking for Literature Circles for grades 3-5? Click here!
Also check out these other resources:
Reading Comprehension Strategies and Skills Posters
Monthly Reading Logs
Sight Word / Phonics Poems
Writing Paper for Holidays, Seasons, and General Use
Thank you and happy teaching!
© Erin Guge – All Rights Reserved
- You may not create anything to sell or share based on this product.
- This product is for one teacher use only. If others like the product, please send them to my TpT store.