There are so many strategies and skills we need to teach students when it comes to reading fiction and poetry! Make life easier with this helpful set of fiction and poetry reading strategy posters! These are great to use as anchor charts during specific lessons or as a focus wall that students can refer to all year! Or print them at a reduced size to glue into reading notebooks!
Click HERE to save 20% by buying this poster set along with the nonfiction set!
Included are 23 fiction and poetry reading strategy posters in full-page and reduced sizes
(three per page) in both color and printer-friendly versions
. A strategies list is also included.
• set a purpose for reading
• identify genres
• identify the author’s purpose
• identify the narrator/speaker
• determine the point of view
• make connections
• make predictions
• make, revise, and confirm predictions
• ask and answer questions
• identify the theme(s)
• identify the problem and solution
• identify the conflict and resolution
• summarize plot events
• draw conclusions
• make inferences
• identify cause and effect
• compare and contrast
• describe the story elements
• describe how a character develops
• analyze the author’s choices
• identify sensory words
• identify elements of poetry
• check for understanding
• figure out word meanings
Thanks for visiting my store!
You might also like:
Vocabulary Skills/Word Analysis Posters
Prefix and Suffix Posters