Fictional and Personal Narrative Writing Graphic Organizers, Posters, Prompts
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This writing bundle includes everything you need to teach opinion, informational, and narrative writing with your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd graders. Differentiated posters, graphic organizers, and supports geared towards Grades 1-3 will provide your students the tools they need to become strong writers. APrice $20.00Original Price $29.50Save $9.50
This is a must have resource for your narrative writing unit! Differentiated writing posters, narrative writing graphic organizers, and writing supports geared towards Grades 1-3 will provide your students the tools they need to become strong writers.
Please take a look at the preview for a closer look!
All materials are thoughtfully aligned to the ELA Common Core Standards for Grades 1-3. The grade 1 materials included in this resource focus on writing a beginning, middle, and end with transition words or phrases. The grades 2-3 materials extend to also have students use more detail and create a hook to engage their readers. The 2nd grade materials encourage students to develop actions, thoughts, and feelings in their narratives. The 3rd grade materials extend to using dialogue as well. However, all materials can all be used in either grade to differentiate for your struggling and high writers.
WHAT'S INCLUDED (Updated 1/31/22):
- Narrative Writing Posters (Color or B&W): "What is a Narrator?", "How Do I Write a Narrative?" example, Sentence Starters and Transitions (for beginning, middle, and end)
- Graphic Organizers: From brainstorming to writing, these graphic organizers are supports that break down narrative writing in a visual way for students. Multiple options are included for writing about a beginning, middle and end OR an opening, events, and closing.
- Hook Writing Practice: Students practice writing either 3 or 5 types of narrative writing hooks on a provided topic. A poster is also included with examples.
- Narrative Endings Writing Practice: A poster with 6 types of narrative endings as well as graphic organizers for students practice writing 6 types of narrative endings.
- Personal Narrative Resources: Posters for "What is a Personal Narrative?" and "Tips for Writing a Personal Narrative", as well as graphic organizers for brainstorming memories and prewriting.
- Small Moments Writing: A poster and graphic organizers for brainstorming small moments, as well as planning out parts of their small moment during prewriting.
- Story Elements: A poster with graphic organizers for planning out story elements for their pieces of narrative writing.
- Writing Checklists: These checklists are helpful reminders for students while narrative writing. They are included to print as a full page or mini checklists (4/page).
- Narrative Writing Prompt Sheets: These 10 writing prompts come with visual supports for students. Primary line or regular line options are both included.
- Narrative Writing OR Personal Narratives Journal: These journals both come with 32 prompts each for students to cut and glue into their journals. The journals are included as half page or full page options, as well as different rule-width options for writing paper. The prompts included can either be used in journals or on their own.
- Additional Resources: Narrative Writing Book Cut-outs (for displaying writing on a bulletin board), Narrative Writing paper/mini book templates, and Blank templates for hook and writing organizers for their own prompts
Check out this product discounted as part of the Writing Bundle Grades 1-3!
More Writing Goodies: