Fidget spinners are a hot topic right now. This product includes two informational articles on fidget spinners with written response questions, multiple choice quizzes (NWEA style), and compare and contrast Venn diagrams. Students will be reading about a topic of interest while thinking critically and forming their opinions. These questions are difficult and meet the rigorous standards of common core. A good practice item for test preparation and a resource for classroom discussion.
1. 2 page articles on fidget spinners.
2. 2 sets of 7-8 written response questions for each article with line guides.
3. 2 multiple choice quizzes using the format seen on NWEA and other state testing.
4. 2 answer keys for all written response and multiple choice questions.
The questions come in PDF and Word document format, so you can edit them. All files come ready to open and easily print in PDF format.
The reading level of the articles are easily accessible to 4th and 5th graders. The questions can be challenging, so students will need to read and reread passages to answer some of the responses accurately. I would allow students to reference the article passages for the quizzes, just like most NWEA questions.
Other products in my store you may like:
0. Reading A-Z NWEA Supplement Questions and Written Response - CCSS format
1. Visual Writing Prompts with Writers Notebook, Graphic Organizers, and included lesson plan!
2. Alphabet Sight Word Posters - Word Wall and Alphabet in One!
3. Visual Math Story Problems Step-by-Step (beginner level)
4. Fraction Sequence Game - card game practicing fractions with visuals
5. Addition Math Pennant Wheel - colorable sheets for display of student work
6. First Days of School Activities - Favorites Wheel, Bingo, Picture Response, and Student Survey
7. Sports Theme Bundle -basketball, football, soccer, hockey, baseball & volleyball
8. Fall Season Bulletin Board Set - Borders, Editable Name Tags, Banners, and Sign
You'll need Adobe Reader and or Microsoft Word to access all the files in this product.
Feedback appreciated. It will also give you credits toward future Teachers-Pay-Teachers purchases. Click "Follow" by my name if you'd like to keep track of new items added to my store. Let me know how this product goes with your students. I'd love to hear your stories.
Please do not redistribute this product without my permission or use the content or designs for commercial or nonacademic use. If other teachers you know would like this product please purchase a multi user license or direct them to my store.