Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
33.61 MB | 294 pages
See the preview for 5 FREE prompts from the unit!!!
This journal is so much more than a collection of word problems. These journal prompts ask students to defend their answers, list the steps they took to solve the problem, make their own problems, draw pictures, etc. Writing about their math thinking will help students to prepare for standardized testing and show a true understanding of the math concepts rather than just test if the student gets the right answer.
This product includes 5 different prompts for every fifth grade math standard!!!
There are many different ways you could use this product:
• Independent center work during math
• Group assignment during math
• Morning bell work
• Math warm-up
• Fast-finisher Activity
• Suggested Uses
• Preparation Instructions
• 2 Student journal covers
• Check-off sheet to keep track of prompts used
• Math Journal Sentence Starters
• Grading Rubric
• 130 journal prompts with common core standard listed on them (There are two different versions of each prompt included. One version has clip art and one version does not.)