Are you ready to dive into learning about the Fifty US States? If so, look no further! The unit has all of the pieces for your students to organize their research and present their State Report in a FUN and INTERACTIVE way!!
This unit can be made into a State Lapbook or the flip-flap books can be used for Notebooking where the students research different states, complete the flip-flap books with their information and glue them in their notebooks.
Included in this unit:
* 50 Accordion-Fold Flip-Flap Books - Each flip-flap book has a cover with a specific state name and the outline of the state shape (where students can label the state capital, major waterways, historical landmarks, etc). The cover also allows the students to write the state motto of the state they are researching. Inside of the accordion book the students will record their research they found on the State Bird, State Tree, State Flower, State Agriculture and State Industry. It also has space for illustrations.
* 50 US State Flag Flip-Flap Books - Each flip-flap book has a line illustration of each state's flag where they students can color it to mimic the state flag they are researching. The inside of the state flag flip-flap book has lines for the students to write when the state was accepted into the statehood, the history behind the flag, etc..
* A Pocket Full of Population and Popular Facts - This is a Pocket-Flip-Flap where the students have the ability to place small rectangular-shaped papers into the pocket. The students will research the state population on one of the sheets and then they will find 3 or more FAST FACTS about their state and connect the facts with a paper fastener or brad and place it in the Pocket.
* 8 Bordering States Printables - This printable allows students to become more familiar with the US map where they must locate the state they are researching and the bordering states as well. They will create a map key of the bordering states. 8 printables are included because each state is either bordered by 1 - 8 states and each page is personalized with the exact number of bordering states on the map key.
* 50 State Lapbook Covers - These covers for the lapbooks are personalized with each state's name and a detailed map showing major waterways. The students can label this cover with the major waterways, state capital, historic landmarks, interesting places, etc.
I have also included two excellent websites within the unit to help your students with their state research.
This Fifty Nifty US States Unit will be all your students need to record and document the information they learned about the state they are researching!