Everything you need to teach figurative language to your students in one easy download!
This product includes:
- Detailed lesson plans including objectives & activities
- Ready-to-print worksheets
- Exciting activities students will love
- Quick checks (answer keys included)
- Posters to hang around the classroom with definitions & examples
- A Final Assessment (answer key included)
Figurative language terms included in this packet:
Fun activities included in this download:
- Construct your own ice cream or milkshake alliterations such as "Sensational Strawberry Swirl or Mustard and Mayonnaise Milkshake"!
- Invite your students to "Dress like an Idiom" for a day.
- Search for similes and metaphors in the lyrics of popular songs.
- Identify personification in classic childhood favorite films.
- Go on a scavenger hunt for onomatopoeia.
- And many more!
Some other products you might be interested in:
Figurative Language Mega Bundle
Figurative Language Idiom Memory Game
Figurative Language Posters
Figurative Language Head Band Activity
Idiom of the Day or Week Posters with Definitions and Examples
For more ideas on how to make these lessons engaging please visit @spaidsintheclassroom
Your constructive feedback is always appreciated and if you do any of these activities with your students please tag @spaidsintheclassroom! I would love to see how you implemented these lessons.
Please let me know if you have any questions! I hope you and your students enjoy this product.