PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Daily Figurative Language Activities: These daily warm-up bell ringers contain 38 weeks of daily figurative language activities, 30 reference pages (related to metaphors, similes, idioms, hyperboles, proverbs, personification, alliteration, onomatopoeia), answer keys (13 pages), and a certificate of achievement or completion. You will truly be over the moon with this daily figurative language warm-up product!
Designed for an entire year, this packet can also be used at any point in the year because of the spiraling layout (each figure of speech shows up every eight weeks and then repeats until the final 14 weeks, where all the figures of speech are combined). This layout ensures that your students walk out of your class with a firm grasp on each figurative language element.
Used as a warm-up, homework, or an early finisher activity, each figurative language activity is designed to last 3-6 minutes and is common core aligned for 3rd-6th grade.
For specific information about the layout, please see below.
5- Proverbs and Adages
13- Proverbs and Adages
21- Proverbs and Adages
25- Similes and Metaphors
26- Idioms and Hyperboles
27- Proverbs and Personification
28- Alliteration and Onomatopoeia
29- Similes, Metaphors, Idioms, and Hyperboles
30- Proverbs, Personification, Alliteration, and Onomatopoeia
31-38- ALL figurative language COMBINED in the final 8 weeks
Following the weekly activity pages, you will find:
*30 pages of figurative language reference material
*13 pages of answer keys
*1 certificate of achievement (for distribution upon completion of the unit)
If you are interested in pairing this figurative language pack with task cards and printables, please see my corresponding figurative language products here (also sold as a FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE MEGA BUNDLE):
FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE MEGA BUNDLE:
Sign up for access to my EXCLUSIVEFREE RESOURCE LIBRARY AND NEWSLETTER.
For updates on new products and product specials, follow me:
Kirsten Tulsian has 18 years of experience in elementary education. She has been a homeroom teacher for first grade, third grade, and fourth grade, as well as ESL. She has also been a school counselor for grades PK-6, an ESL pullout teacher for K-6, and a Reading Recovery Teacher. She received her Bachelor’s degree in elementary education and psychology from The University of Iowa and a Master’s of Education in school counseling from Sam Houston State University. She believes that students make the most progress when they are engaged in their hearts as well as their minds. Her resources offer relevant, rigorous, engaging content that nurtures the whole child.
Copyright © Kirsten’s Kaboodle. All Rights Reserved.
• Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY.
• Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden.
• If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
• You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid).
• Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
• You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
• Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.