PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
25.09 MB | 54 pages
This thorough figurative language unit can be used to introduce Figurative Language or as a review! It fits perfectly with a fairy tale study and has a booklet to showcase students' own figurative language writing! There is an easy to follow two-week lesson plan included. See the preview with a download to use the Simile portion of this resource for FREE!
Figurative Language is such an important part of reading and writing. We love to discover and identify them in our stories and use them in our creative writing!
What is included in the Fairy Tale Figurative language?
✔ Cinderella Similes
✔ Little Mermaid Metaphors
✔ Alice's Alliteration
✔ Fairy Tale Onomatopoeia
✔ Pinnochio's Personification
✔ Idioms of Imagination
✔ Hansel's Hyperboles
YOU WILL FIND EVERYTHING YOU NEED!
1. Mentor text lists for each type of figurative language
2. Colorful posters (anchor charts) for display or smart board for each type of figurative language
3. Black and white posters to save color
4. 1/2 page black and white posters/ anchor charts to place in student notebooks.
5. 7 -worksheet activities- 1 for each figurative language
6. 7- 1/2 sheet worksheet activities for each figurative language
7. A student booklet to write their own figurative language including a title cover, table of contents and rubric.
8. A combination Simile and Metaphor activity
9. A combination Alliteration, Onomatoeia, Personification activity
10. A combination Idiom and Hyperbole activity
11. A culminating writing activity with two spacing options in the templates.
12. A study guide
13. A test.
14. Answer keys
When your students finish with this unit, they will have a clear understanding of Figurative Language!
Thank you for visiting my store!
BTS (BOOST TEST SCORES) WRITING PROGRAM FOR THE YEAR- ZERO PREP FOR YOU!