Practice and review alliteration, onomatopoeia, similes, metaphors, and personification playing this clever bingo game. Students create their own bingo cards by cutting out and attaching 24 choices onto a blank bingo card. When playing bingo, the teacher draws a calling card and reads a figurative language example aloud. Students listen for a signal word (bee, dog, pie, moon, rose, or fire) and identify the type of figurative language used in the example. You can follow the bingo game with a coloring quiz. A set of figurative language posters is also included and should inspire some critical thinking!
Here is what you get when you purchase this resource:
• Choose-and-cut card with 30 figurative language choices (1 page)
• Blank bingo card (1 page)
• 30 calling cards with figurative language examples (4 pages)
• Coloring quiz (1 page)
• Coloring quiz key (1 page)
• Bingo in the Classroom ideas (1 page)
• Awesome Alliteration Always Astonishes All poster (1 page)
• Similes Are Like Treats poster (1 page)
• Metaphors Are Language Gems poster (1 page)
• I'm Cuckoo for Onomatopoeia poster (1 page)
• Personification Speaks to Me poster (1 page)
• TOU & Credits (1 page)
I’d appreciate your purchase, your rating, and your feedback.
Thank you from The Brighter Rewriter!
► See more Bingo Games for building vocabulary, practice, review & test prep.
► CLICK HERE to follow me for updates about new products, sales info & more!