This is ready-to-go project that will help you assess your students' knowledge of figurative language. Students will create their own examples of eight different types of figurative language (personification, rhyme, simile, metaphor, alliteration, onomatopoeia, idiom, and hyperbole), illustrate those examples, and write a definition for each figurative language term.
This file includes 8 pages including the following:
- Description sheets with student-friendly instructions
- A fig lang terms sheet with definitions and examples
- A planning sheet for writing examples of each of the types of fig lang
- Two different-sized templates for the booklet pages
- A complete rubric for assessing the project at the end
- Credits and letter to the purchaser giving more hints for carrying out this project smoothly