Help students find the SWEETNESS in the figurative language of poetry with this DIGITAL interactive flip book of 35 figurative language definitions with examples. Also included are posters and Google Slides-ready PowerPoint slideshow that helps students understand the language of poetry. Add your own terms with the blank PowerPoint templates, too. These are great for distance learning.
Also included are PDF format word wall posters. If you need more words added, ust use the FULLY EDITABLE 7 PowerPoint blank templates. PDFs are in 8.5 x 11 inch format but if you need smaller, just print in reduced size.
- The digital interactive flip book is in PowerPoint format with clickable links that take the student to the desired page.
- Just upload this version to your Google Drive as use with Google Slides™ through Google Classroom™ in presentation mode! It's super cool! :)
- The PowerPoint slideshow is Google Slides-ready for you to upload to your Google Drive and save as Google Slides.
- The posters are in PDF format for quick printing.
There are three word wall titles from which to choose: "The Sweet Language of Poetry Vocabulary" and "Poetry is Sweet" and "Figurative Language is Sweet."
35 Poetry Definitions Included:
• Central Idea
• End Rhyme
• Figurative Language
• Hyperbole (2 choices)
• Narrative Poem
• Point of View
• Rhyme Scheme
• Structural Elements
• 7 blank forms are included so you can add your own words!
SAVE MONEY! This entire set in INCLUDED in my 6-Week Independent Poetry Project priced to save $.
Programs Needed: MS PowerPoint (slideshow plus editable blank templates), Adobe Reader (to open the PDF posters), an unzip program to access the files.
DISTANCE LEARNING NOTE: You have permission to use this as a digital product with your students PROVIDED YOU USE THE MATERIALS BEHIND A SECURED OR PASSWORD PROTECTED SITE and materials are NOT posted directly to the Internet for others to view.
YOU MIGHT LIKE MY NEW POETRY HELPER CHART!
Poetry Reference Charts for Grades 3-5. Includes poetry forms, examples, figurative language definitions and examples, famous poets list, how to read a poem, questions to ask as you're reading poetry, and more in this 4-sheet file folder lap book helps students be more independent.
You Might Like these EDITABLE Personal Spelling Dictionaries!
- Primary Grades Spelling Dictionary
- Intermediate Grades Spelling Dictionary
- BUNDLE Grades 1 - 5 Spelling Dictionaries
MORE POETRY RESOURCES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
• 35 Poetry Figurative Language Word Wall Posters & PPT Slideshow (Digital included)
• “I Am” Poem (Digital included)
POETRY ANALYSIS TASK CARDS & MINI-UNITS Grades 4-5
POETRY ANALYSIS TASK CARDS MINI-UNITS Grades 2-3