Also included in
- This BUNDLE contains three interactive language arts kits for a reduced price! There are two (double) lapbooks and one envelope book. Each kit contains black line masters and photo illustrations for making the project. Click on the links below to see the specifics for each kit.1. Reading Skills Lapb$19.50$28.00Save $8.50
- This is a bundle of all of my Interactive Kit Bundles! Purchase all four of the bundles together for an even deeper discount! The ULTIMATE Bundle contains 31 interactive kits. Save $87.00 when you purchase them all together!The ULTIMATE Bundle includes the following four bundles. Click the links for$154.00$241.00Save $87.00
This 25 page download is a complete kit with black line masters and step by step photo directions for making a figurative language envelope book with your students. This book contains definitions and visuals for seven different types of figurative language including similes, metaphors, personification, onomatopoeia, idioms, hyperbole, and alliteration. The printables were designed to fit inside a 10 x 13 inch envelope, but they will also fit in a standard size notebook if you prefer. Use them to complement your own figurative language unit!
This figurative language kit contains the following:
1. Step by step photo tutorial of how to make an envelope book
2. Photo directions for each part of the book
3. Figurative language cover page
4. Simile insert with definition and illustrated examples
5. Metaphor insert with definition and illustrated example
6. Personification insert with definition and illustrated examples
7. Idioms layered book with definition and illustrated examples
8. Onomatopoeia insert with definition and illustrated examples
9. Hyperbole insert with definition and illustrated example
10. Alliteration insert with definition and illustrated example
11. 14 sorting cards for matching figurative language examples with types
Each student will need one 10 x 13 inch envelope to make the book.
Envelope books are an excellent way to keep students motivated and engaged in their learning. It is a nice way to keep everything in one place instead of sending home lots of loose papers. The complete envelope book makes a terrific study guide for a unit test.
Thank you for considering my Figurative Language Envelope Book Kit!
If you like interactive kits, you may also want to check out: