If you're introducing your students to figurative language, or you realize you need to re-teach the concept, this is just the unit you need! Teach your students the difference between figurative and literal language. The Figurative or Literal Sort Cards Unit is perfect for grades 3-5. Engaging sort cards will help students practice this skill. Differentiated activities & assessments and re-teaching activities are included. Just print, cut, and go!
Included in this fun resource you'll find
- 30 pairs of sort cards
- Differentiated sort cards for remediation
- Two sort sheets
- Blank sort cards for students to complete
- Two assessments with keys
- Two differentiated assessments
- Mini-lessons on teaching the difference between literal
- Two T-Charts for using with your lessons
- Options for using the sort cards
- Mini-lessons for teaching similes and metaphors
Stop by to take a peek at a few of my other resources:
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.