Mega Packet for teaching 26 Idioms!
- Teaching Deck: Easy to understand language to teach 26 idioms
- Puzzle: Match the picture of the idiom to the phrase
- Cut & Glue Activity: B/W for home practice or use as an independent activity during groups
- I Have/Who Has Cards: Great for mixed groups! Target Arctic and Social Skills!
- Drawing Page: Students draw what the idiom sounds like it means vs. what it really means
- Open ended cards: Small square cards to laminate and use in sensory bins, as a matching game, etc.
Great for mixed groups! Can target language, artic, and social skills!
Expansion Idea: Use the open ended cards and create hypothetical situations. Have students identify which idiom fits that situation. For example, the SLP says, "I was about to take a test. I had studied hard but I was still nervous I ___________." Present the idiom card for "Had butterflies in my stomach" as well as 1-2 foils for students to choose.