New and improved!
Figurative language can be such a difficult concept for intermediate students, but these centers make them clear and FUN!
My class completed these centers today and loved them! I had them create a folder with a large piece of paper and staple it on the sides Then they had a place to keep their finished work.
This pack includes six literacy centers on:
1. onomatopoeia- creating pictures to depict a sound word
2. alliteration- writing alliterative sentences about a classmate
3. similes and metaphors- writing similes and metaphors using word cards
4. personification- giving human characteristics to items in pictures
5. hyperbole- writing hyperboles on Popsicles or cups of cocoa-- a great bulletin board idea!
6. idioms- drawing and writing the literal and figurative meaning of phrases
Each center is fun and engaging while giving students much-needed practice with figurative language.