If you are looking for stories and poems designed to help students identify and practice figurative language, then this resource is for you!!
- 2 stories with custom illustrations for practicing similes.
- 2 poems with custom illustrations and tons of similes.
- A/B multiple-choice questioning.
- Open-ended evidence-based question.
- Challenge activity to find evidence in the text.
- Custom Illustrations from Malaya Bengel Art.
EVERYTHING IS ON ONE PAGE!
- As mentor texts during a whole group lesson on similes.
- In a small guided reading group.
- In a comprehension center.
- As independent practice after a lesson on similes.
- As a homework review.
- Practice for taking standardized tests.
- If you are interested in having access to all 10 units on figurative language (40 total texts!), check out the growing bundle by CLICKING HERE!
- Below is the list of figurative language skills that will soon be available!
- Each skill will come with 4 custom passages laid out like the texts in this set.
Copyright © 2019 Jen Bengel
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.