Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
1.2 MB | 27 pages
In this playlist, students explore standard RL.7.4. They will identify different types of figurative language. Students will learn how to determine the meaning of figurative language in a text. Students also have the option to view instructional videos and complete practice quizzes or activities.
The playlist includes:
• 4 links to instructional videos or texts
• 2 links to practice quizzes or activities
• 1 assessment that includes five multiple choice questions
• Definitions of key terms, such as hyperbole and idiom
• Excerpts from several texts, including "Paul Revere's Ride" by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Accompanying Teaching Notes include:
• Additional activities and writing prompts to help your students explore the standard
• Links to additional practice quizzes or activities on certain parts of the standard, such as indirect character traits
• An answer guide with correct answers, answer choice rationales, and DOK levels