This package includes excellent resources to teach a class figurative language. The posters are in both PowerPoint and PDF formats to allow for the creative instruction of figurative language within your classroom. The task cards are an exemplary tool to apply the knowledge learned about figurative language in an engaging and highly effective way.
The contents of this package are as follows:
• 8 figurative language posters in color (PowerPoint & PDF formats)
• 8 figurative language posters in black and white (PowerPoint & PDF formats)
• 24 multiple choice task cards in color (PDF format)
• 24 multiple choice task cards in black and white (PDF format)
• 1 student answer sheet
• 1 teacher answer key
Instructions on how to print and use the task cards are as follows:
• Task cards should be printed in the format provided (PDF).
• You should select “fit” under “size options” when printing. This will ensure that each card is the correct size.
• Once printed, you should cut the cards on the dotted lines and around the border.
• Cards can be laminated, glued onto cardstock, or simply used as is.
• I like to punch a hole in the corner of all of my task cards and put them on a metal ring (found at dollar stores, Wal-Mart, etc.)
• I like to use these task cards as individual extension activities, small group work activities, or as part of a series of round-robin activities.