This resource will be a great addition to your current lessons. I have included supplemental materials to help you teach figurative language. I have included the following items in a zip file:
* Teacher Instructions Sheet
* Pre Assessment of literary elements and figurative language (matching) and one poem where students identify literary elements
* Practice matching literary terms with example sentences containing figurative language
* Practice writing sentences containing figurative language
* Handout (can be practice, quiz or assessment) Defining and providing an example of figurative language and literary elements with teacher key
* 60 Task Cards PDF with 2 printing options- black and white version or colorful rustic graphics! UPDATED 7/23/16
* Project instructions for creating a classroom poster- includes rubric and sample student posters. Lists 60 different figurative language and literary elements terms that match the task cards.
* Literary Bingo PowerPoint
If you like this resource, then check out my store for other creative items for your ELA classroom. Some items you may like include:
Word of the Day Vocabulary Cards
Brain Break Activities for Middle and High School
Story Starters Task Cards- Grades 6-12
If you purchase this resource, please provide me with feedback! Click the green star to follow me and to get updates on new items I post in my store. Thanks!