A fun activity to help students recognize various types of figurative language. This sorting game includes practice for similes, metaphors, personification, idioms, and hyperbole.
The following resources are included in the packet :
• 5 Header Cards (3 x 5 inches)
• 50 Sorting Cards--10 cards for each header in varying levels of difficulty (2.5 x 3 inches)
• Set of blank cards--to add your own phrases to the set
• Answer Key
1. Use the cards for a sorting game review.
2. Students can work individually or in small groups.
3. Cards can be used as a whole set--or print extra headers, divide the cards, and make multiple sets for different groups.