Also included in
- Use these ELA activities including task cards and sorting games to review and reinforce types of conflict, figurative language, rhetorical appeals (ethos/logos/pathos), types of irony and literary terms. These cards have examples taken from authentic texts and popular YA literature. Students will loPrice $16.00Original Price $22.00Save $6.00
- Looking for fun and ready-to-use ELA Test Prep Resources? These fun and interactive task cards, sorting games, RACE Strategy prompts, and context clue worksheets are perfect to review and reinforce the important things students need to know for ELA testing.You will want to use these student-centeredPrice $40.00Original Price $51.00Save $11.00
- This is a custom bundle of resources by request. If you're interested in requesting your own custom bundle, feel free to email me at email@example.com and let me know which specific products you're interested in purchasing. Thank you so much!EmmaIf you would like to get updates on NEW and CURRENTPrice $40.00Original Price $48.00Save $8.00
Students will be able to recognize seven type of figurative language: metaphors, similes, personification, hyperbole, idiom, onomatopoeia, and alliteration.
Need figurative language activities? Use this fun and interactive sorting game to review and reinforce figurative language. These 100 cards each have examples of figurative language taken from authentic texts and popular YA literature.
Students will sort them into seven categories: metaphors, similes, personification, hyperboles, idioms, onomatopoeia, alliteration.
Before you buy...this product is part of a BUNDLE that will save you money.
You will want to use this student-centered activity for years to come!
♦ 100 cards with figurative language examples
♦ Fill-in-the-blank quiz
♦ Answer keys
♦ Placemats with terms
♦ Directions and ideas for use
Check out the preview for a closer look!
Teachers are Saying:
- "We have talked so much about figurative language but for some reason it never "clicked" with my students. Being able to see so many wonderful examples from books they have read finally made it click how important figurative language is! Plus it being a sorting activity allowed such deep conversations about why they thought it was that type of figurative language. Wonderful product!" -Ashley S.
- "This is a fun and engaging way for students to practice identifying literary devices. My students loved it." -Caitlyn F.
- "I was in a pinch right before testing started and needed low-prep activities for my kids to use as review! This was soooo helpful!!" -Tina N.
You Might Also Like:
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Go to your My Purchases page. Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product.
Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ My goal is to provide 5 star resources! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
If you would like to get updates on NEW and CURRENT resources...