Also included in
- Are you teaching creative writing? Are your students needing to learn figurative language techniques and terms before you can move on with a writing or poetry unit? This bundle of 5 figurative language resources will not only teach your students terms but have them using figurative language in their$10.37$12.96Save $2.59
Are your students struggling to remember figurative language terms? Are you sick of constantly re-explaining similes, alliteration, or spelling out "onomatopeia"? This student resource handout will ensure that you never have to answer those questions again!
When you give your students their own copy of this figurative language handout, they'll have a resource that they can use again and again. When they're annotating a poem or writing their own stories, they'll have a quick source to check when they forget what figurative language techniques look like.
- Implied Metaphor
I know that some of these terms are not technically figurative language, but I chose to base the list on this article from MasterClass.
This non-editable resource can be copied front to back for a single page resource. It's provided in color but is just as readable in grayscale. (You could keep a colored copy to project or to add to a resource bulletin board).
The whole resource is visible in the preview, so check it out to see if this resource is right for you and your students!
- Figurative Language Scavenger Hunt
- Figurative Language Task Cards
- Figurative Language Tasting Activity FREEBIE
- Figurative Langauge Photo Description Activity
***This resource is a NON-EDITABLE PDF file within a zip folder. Please be sure you have the appropriate software for unzipping a zip folder before purchase (if you have any issues, Teachers Pay Teachers has great tech support and a FAQ page). Before purchasing, please review the preview for each corresponding resource to make sure this resource supports your and your students' needs. The whole resource, with the exception of any answer keys, are included in the preview.