- This is a great bundle for learning about and practicing figurative language. Each of these 4 resources dive into similes, metaphors, idioms, hyperbole, personification, alliteration, and onomatopoeia. And include many different ways to practice. Here is what is included:Figurative Language Printabl$11.93$15.93Save $4.00
- This huge bundle of task cards includes reading skills and strategies, figurative language, vocabulary, sentence building and punctuation, parts of speech, affixes and roots, writing prompts, and plenty of overall ELA test prep and review. There are 107 products in this bundle, but you will get clos$272.93$372.93Save $100.00
- Product Description
This is a set of 32 multiple choice figurative language task cards. Each card features a different figure of speech within the context of a paragraph. Seven types of figurative language are featured on these cards: simile, metaphor, idiom, hyperbole, personification, onomatopoeia, and alliteration. The cards are presented in two formats to help you meet the needs of all of your students. (Please note that the passages are the same on both sets.) The first set is for younger or struggling students. The figure of speech is underlined on each card, making it easier to identify. The second set features the same passages, but the figures of speech are not underlined, making the activity much more challenging for older or advanced students.
In addition, there are seven cards with definitions and examples for each type of figurative language that can be used as reference. Two challenge cards, a cover card, an answer sheet and an answer key are also included.
Black line versions of the cards are also provided for printing on colored paper.
Included in this product
- Teacher Instructions
- Common Core Standards Addressed
- 32 Task Cards with Underlining (easier)
- 32 Task Cards without Underlining (advanced)
- Black Line Versions of All Task Cards
- 7 Reference Cards (one for each type)
- 2 Challenge Cards and Cover Card
- Student Response Sheet
- Answer Sheet
Common Core Standards addressed in this set:
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.4.5 Demonstrate understanding of figurative language, word relationships, and nuances in word meanings.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.4.5a Explain the meaning of simple similes and metaphors (e.g., as pretty as a picture) in context.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.4.5b Recognize and explain the meaning of common idioms, adages, and proverbs.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.5.5 Demonstrate understanding of figurative language, word relationships, and nuances in word meanings.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.5.5a Interpret figurative language, including similes and metaphors, in context.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.5.5b Recognize and explain the meaning of common idioms, adages, and proverbs.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.6.5 Demonstrate understanding of figurative language, word relationships, and nuances in word meanings.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.6.5a Interpret figures of speech (e.g., personification) in context
Note: The more challenging set would also be appropriate for 7th and 8th grade review.
For figurative language writing prompt Task Cards, click here.
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom. If you intend to share with others, please purchase an additional license.
Minds in Bloom