Looking for a fun, engaging way for your students to practice figurative language? Well, these 36 Common Core aligned tasks cards provide the perfect opportunity! They are adorable, easy to use, and your students will LOVE them!
This Product Includes:
- Direction Sheet
- 36 task cards (6 of each type of figurative language: similes, metaphors, idioms, hyperboles, personification, and onomatopoeias)
- Student Recording Sheet
- Answer Key
These task cards can be used:
- Whole class (use one at a time to promote discussion)
- In literacy stations (allowing students the opportunity to discuss their answers and reasoning with a partner or group)
- Individually as an assessment
- Review (whole class, individually, or groups to review for standardized testing)
- As game cards (used with any board game)
- Print off (color will look best, but these can also be printed in grayscale on white or colored copy paper).
- You may want to print on cardstock and/or laminate for more durability.
- Cut cards and store in a Ziploc bag or envelope for easy organization.
Common Core Alignment:
(3rd) L.3.5 (4th) L.4.5, L.4.5a (5th) L.5.5, L.5.5a (6th) L.6.5, L.6.5a
We hope you and your students enjoy this wonderful activity!
Kathleen & Mande’