Figurative Language Task Cards Multiple Choice Print and Digital
- Google Apps™
- Easel Assessment
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This huge bundle of task cards includes reading skills and strategies, figurative language, vocabulary, sentence building and punctuation, parts of speech, affixes and roots, writing prompts, and plenty of overall ELA test prep and review. There are 107 products in this bundle, but you will get closPrice $260.20Original Price $377.43Save $117.23
- This is a great bundle for learning about and practicing figurative language. Each of these 5 resources dive into similes, metaphors, idioms, hyperbole, personification, alliteration, and onomatopoeia. And include many different ways to practice.All include digital versions!Here is what is included:Price $13.56Original Price $16.95Save $3.39
This is a set of 32 multiple choice figurative language task cards (and google slides/Easel activities). Each card features a different figure of speech within the context of a paragraph. Seven types of figurative language are featured on these cards:
- Teacher Instructions
- 32 Task Cards with Underlining (easier)
- 32 Task Cards without Underlining (advanced)
- Black Line Versions of All Task Cards
- Google Slides Activity
- Easel Assessment (self-checking)
- 7 Reference Cards (one for each type)
- 5 Challenge Cards and Cover Card
- Student Response Sheet
- Answer Sheet
The cards are presented in two formats to help you meet the needs & differentiate for all of your students. (Please note that the passages are the same on both sets.) The first set is for younger or struggling students. The figure of speech is underlined on each card, making it easier to identify. The second set features the same passages, but the figures of speech are not underlined, making the activity much more challenging for older or advanced students.
In addition, there are seven cards with definitions and examples for each type of figurative language that can be used as reference. Two challenge cards, a cover card, an answer sheet and an answer key are also included. Blackline versions of the cards are also provided for printing on colored paper.
Use Digitally with Google Slides or as a Self-Checking Easel Assessement!
Common Core Standards addressed in this set:
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.4.5 Demonstrate understanding of figurative language, word relationships, and nuances in word meanings.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.4.5a Explain the meaning of simple similes and metaphors (e.g., as pretty as a picture) in context.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.4.5b Recognize and explain the meaning of common idioms, adages, and proverbs.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.5.5 Demonstrate understanding of figurative language, word relationships, and nuances in word meanings.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.5.5a Interpret figurative language, including similes and metaphors, in context.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.5.5b Recognize and explain the meaning of common idioms, adages, and proverbs.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.6.5 Demonstrate understanding of figurative language, word relationships, and nuances in word meanings.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.6.5a Interpret figures of speech (e.g., personification) in context
Note: The more challenging set would also be appropriate for 7th and 8th grade review.
More Figurative Language Products:
- Figurative Language Short Answer Task Cards
- Figurative Language Worksheets
- Figurative Language Posters
Get all 4 products in a MONEY SAVING BUNDLE!!
This product is happily brought to you by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack of Minds in Bloom