Keep your students engaged with these fun figurative language task cards. This Common Core and TEKS aligned set of 24 task cards gives your students a fun way to practice identifying and understanding 8 types of figurative language. Each card contains a set of sentences and a multiple-choice question, providing engaging and valuable practice for standardized tests!
One print and 6 digital options will help you provide in-person or virtual learning and move seamlessly between the two when necessary. The printable task cards include both color and black and white options to help you save ink.
The digital, self-checking figurative language task cards include two ways of providing your students with oral admin without having to be there to read them aloud. No more running around the room trying to provide accommodations!
The printable PDF comes with a student recording sheet and answer key to allow for self-checking. They can be used independently, in stations, with partners, or as a scoot activity for the whole class.
Figurative Language Included:
Digital Options Included:
- Digital Option 1 - Boom Cards with Optional Oral Admin - These figurative language BOOM Cards provide optional oral administration of each question and answer choice. Play them on Smart Boards, computers, and tablets. See the free, playable preview to try them out! These self-checking task cards are sure to save you time!
- Digital Option 2 - Boom Cards - These are the same figurative language Boom Cards from option 1, but they do not include oral admin.
- Digital Option 3 - Google Classroom (with Oral Admin) - These figurative language digital task cards provide oral administration of each question and answer choice on Google Forms. These self-checking task cards are sure to save you time! Here is a video to explain how the oral admin feature works for my inferring digital task cards (they work the same way). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s67dspv86rs&feature=youtu.be
- Digital Option 4 - Google Classroom - These figurative language digital task cards without oral administration on Google Forms are self-checking task cards and are sure to save you time!
- Digital Option 5 - Seesaw - There is a PDF in the zipped folder with enlarged task cards (1 per page) for ease of use on Seesaw and other distance learning platforms.
- Digital Option 6 - Easel Activity on Teachers Pay Teachers - There is a digital version using TpT’s digital tool, Easel. Click the white “Open in Easel” button that appeared after you purchased this product. (You can also find this from your “My Purchases” page if you’ve already moved on from the purchase in your browser.) This tool gives you an editable overlay where students can select their answers. Feel free to make changes to the overlay or use it as is. Learn more about how to use Easel here.
Please let me know if you have any issues or requests.
More About Boom Learning℠
To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for modern Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards. You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with "Fast Pins," (a form of play that gives instant feedback to students for self-grading Boom Cards). For assignment options that report student progress back to you, you will need to purchase a premium account. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our premium account. Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial.
You May Also Like
Get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to log in). Beside each purchase, you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store.
I’d love to hear from you if you have any questions, issues, or requests!
- Laura Heinen
Pinterest: Cultivating Critical Readers
Facebook: Laura Heinen @Cultivating Critical Readers