Figurative Language Warm-Up FREE for TWO WEEKS!
DAILY Figurative Language includes 2 weeks of no prep printable activities, 2 reference pages related to metaphors and similes, and an answer keys.
This free figurative language product came out of a larger figurative language product that is designed for an entire year that can also be used at any point in the year because of the layout (each figure of speech shows up once every eight weeks and then repeats until the final 14 weeks, where figures of speech are combined). The paid figurative language product includes 190 days (38 weeks) of figurative language activities and is a NO PREP packet that is designed to print and use immediately as a warm-up, homework, or an early finisher activity. Like the freebie, each figurative language activity is designed to last 3-6 minutes. The product is common core aligned for 3rd-6th grade and will develop your students figurative language skills! The paid product includes metaphors, similes, idioms, hyperboles, proverbs and adages, personification, alliteration, and onomatopoeia.
The following link will take you to the larger, all year, paid figurative language product:
DAILY FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE WARM-UPS
If you are interested in pairing this figurative language pack with task cards and printables for each figure of speech, please see my corresponding figurative language products here (also sold as a bundle):
FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE #1: HYPERBOLES
FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE #2: SIMILES AND METAPHORS
FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE #3: IDIOMS
FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE #4: PROVERBS AND ADAGES
FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE #5: PERSONIFICATION
FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE #6: ALLITERATION
FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE #7: ONOMATOPOEIA
FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE #8: PUNS
FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE MEGA BUNDLE
Sign up for access to my EXCLUSIVE FREE RESOURCE LIBRARY AND NEWSLETTER.
For updates on new products and product specials, follow me:
MY TPT STORE
Kirsten has 18 years of experience in elementary education. She has been a homeroom teacher for first grade, third grade, and fourth grade, as well as ESL. She has also been a school counselor for grades PK-6, an ESL pullout teacher for K-6, and a Reading Recovery Teacher. She received her Bachelor’s degree in elementary education and psychology from The University of Iowa and a Master’s of Education in school counseling from Sam Houston State University. She believes that students make the most progress when they are engaged in their hearts as well as their minds. Her resources offer relevant, rigorous, engaging content that nurtures the whole child.
Copyright © Kirsten’s Kaboodle. All Rights Reserved.
• Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY.
• Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden.
• If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
• You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid).
• Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
• You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
• Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.