Figurative Language Worksheets - Printable & Digital
- Google Apps™
- Easel Activity
- Easel Assessment
Also included in
- Ready to teach comprehension of figurative language instead of just drilling definitions? This bundled set of middle school figurative language activities will take them from identifying examples to comprehension of figurative language in reading to analyzing meaning! Don't skip these important readPrice $10.20Original Price $12.75Save $2.55
- Get ALL the middle school reading comprehension review activities you need in one bundle! Practice inference, cause and effect, roots and affixes, context clues, story elements, figurative language, connotation, text structure, text features, and fact and opinion with this complete reading skills tePrice $18.00Original Price $22.50Save $4.50
Quickly and easily check students' understanding of figurative language with these free, no-prep figurative language worksheets! Review the types of figurative language (simile, metaphor, personification, hyperbole, idiom, and symbolism), assess or pre-assess a figurative language unit, or just assign a page as homework. The activities include both matching and multiple-choice questions.
This resource includes the following digital versions:
- Google Slides (link in PDF)
- Easel Activity (link in My Purchases)
- Easel Assessment (link in My Purchases)
(Don't miss the rest of this resource's TWO bestselling bundles - & !)
Page one challenges students to match each vocabulary term to an example. Multiple examples of each term are included to be sure students really get it!
Page two focuses on comprehension of idioms, asking students to choose the correct meaning of an underlined idiom using context clues.
It's time to move past memorizing and start REALLY understanding what things mean! If you teach figurative language, you need my !
Test review time? Get prepped with my , including 30+ resources for practicing inference, context clues, figurative language, text features, story elements, and much more!
Halloween Figurative Language Activities