Also included in
- This is a great bundle for learning about and practicing figurative language. Each of these 5 resources dive into similes, metaphors, idioms, hyperbole, personification, alliteration, and onomatopoeia. And include many different ways to practice. All include digital versions! Here is what is includePrice $12.93Original Price $16.93Save $4.00
- These ELA Review pages are the perfect no-prep printables to supplement your literacy program. They cover a wide variety of ELA topics and are great for review, homework, independent work, enrichment, or centers.This bundle includes 6 resources:Figurative Language Worksheets: 30 Figurative LanguagePrice $26.34Original Price $32.92Save $6.58
- If you want your students to write amazing poems, a clear understanding of figurative language and plenty of practice can really help. Use the figurative language worksheets (with google slide option) to help your students master seven common types of figurative language: simile, metaphor, idioms, hPrice $11.17Original Price $13.96Save $2.79
- Not only are these the top sellers in our store, they are also some of the best selling products on all of TpT! Classroom-tested by tens of thousands of teachers, you can't go wrong with these 6 ELA resources. Distance LearningAll of these products can be printed out or used digitally:Figurative LanPrice $49.81Original Price $61.81Save $12.00
30 Figurative Language Worksheets that focus on similes, metaphors, idioms, hyperbole, personification, onomatopoeia, and alliteration.
These worksheets are great for no-prep practice of the 7 most common types of figurative language. Each type of figurative language includes an introductory page with a definition and examples. The rest of the pages provide opportunities for practice.
- 30 printable worksheets
- Recording Sheets
- Answer Keys
- Google Slides
- Easel Activity
Great for 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade!
CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW TO SEE A LOT MORE!
This resource uses American English and is editable.
This resource includes the following practice pages:
- What are Similes?
- Complete the Simile
- Writing Similes
- Similes Mix and Match
- What are Metaphors?
- Metaphor Practice
- Verb-Based Metaphors
- Simile or Metaphor?
- Similes and Metaphors in Literature
- What are Idioms?
- Draw that Idiom
- Idiom Body Parts
- Animal Idiom Bingo
- What is Hyperbole?
- Finish the Hyperbole
- Make it Hyperbole
- What is Personification?
- Personification Practice
- Personify It
- What is Onomatopoeia?
- Onomatopoeia Practice
- Onomatopoeia Brainstorm
- Onomatopoeia Story
- What is Alliteration?
- Alliteration Practice
- Figurative Language Practice
- Figurative Language Challenge!
- Figurative Language Venn Diagram
- Figurative Language Outside
- Figurative Language in Literature
- Answer Keys
- Common Core Standards
- This product will work well for independent learners because there is a definition for each type of figurative language along with examples. Your student should be able to complete the tasks independently!
✏️ "This was an outstanding find!!! We used this product this year when teaching figurative language, and it was such great practice for the students. I love how clearly it was laid out with the reference information and the practice portion. THANK YOU SO MUCH!" -Elyse Jahnke.
✏️ "These were the best review for my kids! They were struggling with the difference between several types of figurative language, but this helped them grasp it." -Tiffany C.
✏️ "A great resource. Thanks so much. I especially liked the help teaching metaphor because that's tough. It's nice to provide the students with many examples. Nice work." -Julie A C.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LOVE…
Common Core Standards:
- CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.L.3.5 - Demonstrate understanding of figurative language, word relationships and nuances in word meanings.
- CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.L.4.5 - Demonstrate understanding of figurative language, word relationships, and nuances in word meanings.
- CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.L.5.5 - Demonstrate understanding of figurative language, word relationships, and nuances in word meanings.
Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills TEKS:
Be the first to know about discounts, freebies and new resources!
- Follow us on .
- Join our .
- Check out our Blog
- Follow us on Social Media - or
Get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
- Go to your My Purchases page.
- Click on the Provide Feedback button to leave a rating and a short comment.
- You’ll earn TPT credits, which you can redeem on future purchases!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ WE STRIVE FOR 5 STARS! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
NEED HELP? Before leaving feedback:
This resource was created by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack for Minds in Bloom INC., all rights reserved. It may be used by the original purchaser for single class use only. Teachers may distribute this product in email, through google classroom or over the Internet to their students (and parents) as long as the site is password protected. In other words, you may distribute it to your own students, but may not put it on the Internet where it could be publicly found and downloaded.
This product is happily brought to you by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack of Minds in Bloom