My best unit yet! Daily lesson plans for a 2 week unit. Get to know your students by starting this unit the second day of school! Reviews and reinforces Figurative Language and early Analysis skills by reviewing, identifying, analyzing the use of Figurative Language and why the author chose to use those terms.The lessons culminate into a creative writing piece using Figurative Language that they write about themselves. A wonderful way to start the year and get to know your new students! Contains 8-10 days of lessons and activities.
- Teacher’s Guide and Daily Lessons (includes Teacher Tips)
- PowerPoint on Figurative Language for Review and taking Notes
- Suggested songs for Figurative Language Song Hunt
- Figurative Language Pre/Post Test (multiple choice)
- Additional Figurative Language Quizzes using a poem at 2 levels- Honors level and Academic level Quizzes and Answer Keys
- Worksheet for The Highwayman Poem Figurative Language: identification and analysis
- PowerPoint for building background for poem “The Highwayman”
- “My Name” Creative Writing Student Packet, with Directions and Planning Sheets
- Two Student Samples of Creative Writing Piece.
- 2 Peer Editing Options Student Activities
-2 "My Name" Writing Rubrics- One regular length, one for quick grading!
-Directions for an Art Project to create a nice display for the writing piece. They make a lovely display for a window, wall or bulletin board!