Students often struggle with literal vs. figurative meanings in writing. This game asks students to analyze the use of figurative meaning.
How to play:
1. Cut papers into slips (laminate for re-use!), put in basket of some sort
2. Break students into teams
3. Team draws one slip without looking
4. Teacher circulates to other teams, when teacher returns to a team they must give teacher their answer
5. If team answers correctly, they keep their slip and draw a new one
6. If the team answers incorrectly, they lose their slip and lose their turn to draw a new one
7. If a team draws a ZAP slip, they lose all their slips and their turn
8. The team with the most slips at the end wins!
FREE Answer Key:
Figurative Meanings ZAP Game ANSWERS