Students often struggle with literal vs. figurative meanings in writing. This game asks students to analyze the use of figurative meaning.
How to play:
1. Cut papers into slips (laminate for re-use!), put in basket of some sort
2. Break students into teams
3. Team draws one slip without looking
4. Teacher circulates to other teams, when teacher returns to a team they must give teacher their answer
5. If team answers correctly, they keep their slip and draw a new one
6. If the team answers incorrectly, they lose their slip and lose their turn to draw a new one
7. If a team draws a ZAP slip, they lose all their slips and their turn
8. The team with the most slips at the end wins!
THIS DOCUMENT IS THE ANSWER KEY. FOR THE GAME, FOLLOW LINK BELOW:
Figurative Meanings ZAP Game