Two Sided Flash Cards: Literary phrase one side and the literary device on the other
Sound Device and Figures of Speech flash cards are a creative way to actively engage students in learning.
Each set of flash cards is sold separately to accommodate individual teacher needs (hyperbole, simile, metaphor, personification, paradox, onomatopoeia).
Great Multiple Response Strategy (enhances student engagement)
* Bell ringer game - Mix the cards together and you have a game that actively engages students in the learning process. Students paired in groups of 2 - 3 take turns reading phrases and identifying the literary device. Cards are kept for correct answers and placed at the bottom of the stack for incorrect. At the end of the designated time, 2 - 3 minutes recommended, the student with the most cards wins.
* Remediation Activity for Tutoring
* Modified Inclusion activity for Special Education Students
* Test Review Home Work Flash Cards
* Home School Test Prep Activity
note: The cards are provided to you as two single sided pdfs but are meant to be printed two sided.
Purchase entitles the individual teacher or household to reproduce copies for a single classroom or household. Reproduction for use by multiple teachers, multiple households, an entire school, or a school district is strictly prohibited.