Work with low language-level students on categorization skills!
The 6 category activities included in this download are:
-Ice Cream Colors Categories
-In/Out of a House Categories
-Zoo/Farm Animal Categories
I love File Folder activities because:
-They can be used over and over again
-Students can do the work with models and prompts initially, then independently while you are working with other students
-The activities can be given to teachers to use when the student has extra time
-The Velcro and small squares work on fine motor skills in addition to language skills
-They are fun!
Velcro with sticker backs
How to set up:
1. Glue page 2 (categories) onto inside of file folder.
2. Cut out thin rectangle and glue onto the tab area of the file folder.
3. Cut out small rectangles (pictures).
4. Laminate entire folder (suggested) and small rectangles (needed).
5. Cut 24 pieces of female (fuzzy). Stick 12 evenly spaced on the blank file folder page.
6. Stick 6 female pieces on each side (evenly spaced) of the categories page (12 total).
7. Cut 12 pieces of male (pokey) Velcro. Stick one piece in the center of each small rectangle.
8. Store small rectangles on the opposite side of the category page.
Visit my blog post for more pictures and ideas:
See all of my file folder activities: here
Visit my blog: here
for access to my growing library of free speech materials.**