File folder games are one of the most versatile teaching resources out there. They are portable, quiet, durable, and fun!
I use folder games for fast finishers, students needing extra help at home (homework), with volunteers in the classroom, as a morning start, and for students in small group as I work with individual students. You can also use these as worksheets, just don't glue them in a folder. The possibilities are endless!
Included in this file is an initial sound sort, font sort, and an alpha-shape for each letter.
- Large cards for little hands and durability
-Letters A to W feature 9 adorable initial sound cards and 3 distraction cards for each letter.
- Letters X,Y, and Z feature 6 picture cards and 3 distraction cards each letter.
- Every piece is labeled with a small identifier so you can quickly find where misplaced pieces belong.
- Each letter is available in color and black and white. You can chose what is the best printing option for you.
- Adorable clip art from Melonheadz, Creative Clips, Pink Cat Studio, Whimsy Clips, and EduClips
I don't know about you, but I have purchased commercial file folder games in the past only to have a piece get lost or destroyed. The only way to replace said piece is buy the whole game again, ugh! This will give you the game for life so if anything gets lost or destroyed you can simply print again.
I hope you experience as much success with these folders as I have. Please let me know if you have any ideas or suggestions to add to these folder games!