These file folder songs use familiar tunes and work on vocabulary and basic language concepts for preschoolers or early language learners. They are error-less (students cannot make a mistake when choosing a verse) and encourage participation by any ability level.
The 6 songs included in this download are:
-The Dinosaur Song (works on "ing" verbs)
-Feelings Song (works on different emotion vocabulary as well as facial expressions)
-If You are Happy and You Know It (works on one step commands)
-My Gorilla Song (works on 3rd person present tense verbs)
-Old MacDonald (works on animal vocabulary and noises)
-Senses Song (works on vocabulary and infinitive verb phrases)
Velcro with sticker backs
How to set up:
1. Print off downloads (2 pages per song).
2. Glue page 1 onto inside of file folder.
3. Cut out small tab and glue onto the tab area of the folder.
4. Cut out 5-6 “verse” rectangles.
5. Laminate entire folder (suggested) and 5-6 “verse” rectangles (needed).
6. Cut 7 pieces of female (fuzzy) Velcro. Stick 1 female side onto the middle of the rectangle on page 1. Evenly place the other 6 female pieces onto the other side of the file folder.
7. Cut 6 pieces of male (pokey) Velcro. Stick one piece in the center of each “verse” rectangle.
8. Store verses on the page with the 6 female Velcro pieces.
Enjoy using these songs every day!
Check out MORE Songs for Basic Language: .
Visit my blog post about these songs for more pictures and ideas: here
See all of my file folder activities: here
Visit my blog: here
Please note that this is a zip file. If you have difficulties downloading, please email me at superpowerspeech at gmail dot com.
for access to my growing library of free speech materials.**