This special education science resource includes 8 science file folders for special education students working on basic science skills. Each file folder contains a science sorting activity for students to demonstrate mastery of science content. Science worksheets are also included so that you have a permanent record of the student’s progress.
This set includes 8 file folders (or 16 single-page) science-related sorting activities that are designed to be laminated and reused. Labels are provided at the end of this package for use with file folders. For each of these, the 2 background pages can be mounted on the inside of the file folder and laminated. Or you can laminate them as pages and keep them in a binder.
⭐️Download the preview for a FREE Print-and-Go Sorting Activity, potential IEP goals, and pictures of the product.
Finding developmentally appropriate science activities for students working on basic science skills that meet the alternative science standards in some states but who may be in older grades can be tough. These science file folders were designed to offer opportunities for students to demonstrate the ability to sort and match items to demonstrate science content.
✅ 8 Science file folders are included:
- Liquids and Solids
- Recyclable and Not Recyclable
- 2 Living Things and Non-living Things (1 with photos and 1 with clip art)
- 2 Items that use electricity and those that don’t use electricity (1 with photos; 1 with clip art)
- Sources of Electric Light and Nonelectric Light
- Safe and Unsafe with Electricity
✅ 25 Science worksheets are included:
- 15 worksheets in which students can cut and paste items into the appropriate column
- 10 worksheets in which they circle or cross out items that meet the characteristic (e.g., circle the ones that are living).
The worksheets are provided in color but all print well in black and white if you are conserving color ink. They also will photocopy well. These worksheets are designed to provide permanent products / work samples to demonstrate mastery of the sorting skills. However, they could also be put in file folders and laminated with Velcro to be reusable.
❤️ Here’s why you’ll love these science file folders… ❤️
✅ Repetitive Practice - The file folders allow students lots of practice during instruction since they can be used over and over, especially if you laminate the pieces.
✅ Record of Work - The worksheets provide a permanent work product as demonstration of the student’s mastery of the skill in meeting the standard without having to provide additional observation.
More classroom materials for students with autism and special education:
- Receptive Vocabulary Sorting For Autism: File Folders and Worksheets (spec. ed.)
- Sweet Directions: Attending to Multiple Cues.
© Christine Reeve
This product is copyrighted to Christine Reeve for use in one classroom. They may not be copied for additional classes without purchasing extra licenses.