Filibusters of Texas and the Mexican Revolution Activity with Google Slides™
Also included in
- All you need to teach Spanish Texas in 7th grade Texas History. In this bundle, you will receive resources on the Conquistadors of Texas, the Spanish Mission System, and the Mexican War for Independence. Each of these lessons come in two versions - a regular edition and an ELL version with modificaPrice $29.99Original Price $56.93Save $26.94
- My Texas History bundle has lesson plans and activities for the entire year – from Texas Geography to activities for Modern Texas. These resources include Google Slides!!! ✨Save money when you purchase the bundle now!*Once you make this purchase, make sure to send me an email at SocialStudiesSuccesPrice $550.00Original Price $680.44Save $130.44
- Save yourself months of lesson planning and work in your 7th grade Texas History class. In this bundle, you will receive all of my Texas History lessons – from the beginning of school through the Republic of Texas. Each of these lessons include previews, graphic organized notes and processing assiPrice $399.00Original Price $419.59Save $20.59
- Investigate the end of the Mexican National Era with this resource. Students will be given a reading and directions of creating annotated Cartoon Notes. Students will then wrap up the activity by analyzing the impact of the Filibusters in Texas. The regular ed activity has been updated in 2020 witPrice $7.99Original Price $11.98Save $3.99
- Do your kids love Doodle Notes in Texas History in 7th grade? Buy them all and save! This bundle will give you access to all of my Texas History Doodle Notes - resources that span from Why Study History? to Modern Day Texas. In addition to the regular ed resource, you will receive all modified versPrice $175.00Original Price $201.21Save $26.21
- My Texas History bundle has an activity for the each unit – from Texas Geography to activities for Modern Texas. These resources include Google Slides!!! ✨Save money when you purchase the bundle now!✨ Each of these Texas History lessons are designed for maximum engagement for your students. EveryPrice $99.00Original Price $119.32Save $20.32
Investigate the end of the Mexican National Era with this resource. Students will be given a reading and directions of creating annotated Cartoon Notes. Students will then wrap up the activity by analyzing the impact of the Filibusters in Texas.
**Updated in 2020 with Google Slides™.
With this resource, you will receive,
-Directions for how to conduct the activity.
- Content readings on the Filibusters of Texas including: Philip Nolan, Peter Ellis Bean, Guitierrez and Magee, and James Long. Readings also include information on the Mexican Revolutionm Father Hidalgo and the Battle of Medina.
-Cartoon Notes Graphic Organizer for the filibusters and directions for creating the notes.
-Word Wall Terms
-Opinion / Proof formative assessment.
-Link to Google Slides™ for the Word Wall Terms, Preview Activity, Vocabulary Activity, Readings, and Opinion/Proof
⭐Please download the preview for more details. ⭐
TEXAS HISTORY TEKS
(2) History. The student understands how individuals, events, and issues through the Mexican National Era shaped the history of Texas. The student is expected to:
(D) identify the individuals, issues, and events related to Mexico becoming an independent nation and its impact on Texas, including Texas involvement in the fight for independence, José Gutiérrez de Lara, the Battle of Medina, …;
(21) Social studies skills. The student applies critical-thinking skills to organize and use information acquired through established research methodologies from a variety of valid sources, including electronic technology. The student is expected to:
(A) differentiate between, locate, and use valid primary and secondary sources such as computer software, databases, media and news services, biographies, interviews, and artifacts to acquire information about Texas;
(B) analyze information by sequencing, categorizing, identifying cause-and-effect relationships, comparing, contrasting, finding the main idea, summarizing, making generalizations and predictions, and drawing inferences and conclusions;
(C) organize and interpret information from outlines, reports, databases, and visuals, including graphs, charts, timelines, and maps;
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. You will now receive email updates about this store. ☺
© Social Studies Success, LLC. This purchase is for you and your classroom. Duplication for an entire school, an entire school system, or for commercial purposes is strictly forbidden. Please have other teachers purchase their own copy. If you are a school or district interested in purchasing several licenses, please contact me for a district-wide quote. Do not share this document with Amazon Inspire.
Please review all product descriptions and previews. If you have a question, contact me before you purchase at SocialStudiesSuccess1@gmail.com. As this is a digital product, all sales are final.