Help your students spread kindness with this Valentine's Day/Kindness activity. Students take 5-10 min per day to help bring a smile to a classmate's face by writing them a special note identifying something they like about that child.
Directions are as follows:
1. Print out a “Fill up My Heart with Kindness” sheet for each child. (Cardstock works well for this.)
2. Print out and laminate the “numbered” hearts. (Included are numbers up to 36)
3. Cut out “numbered” hearts and place into a container.
4. Print out blank heart template and rough cut them into squares. (Use different colored paper to brighten it up)
5. Tape the “Fill up My Heart with Kindness” sheet for each child onto the front of their desk.
6. For the days leading up to Valentine’s Day have each child pick a “numbered” heart. Who’s ever number they choose, they get a blank heart and write on thing they like about that child.
7. Cut out and tape the kindness heart to the child’s paper on their desk.
8. Repeat steps 6 and 7 until Valentine’s Day.